Wednesday, May 12, 2010

cravings

Today is May 12, 2010. I started this blog in September to vent, but upon rereading that post I deleted it-it made me sound ungrateful and little deranged....but if you know me the deranged thing is mostly normal. I have been really struggling with my fitness goals lately. I did a 5K on Saturday and ran it in 29:25, not too shabby. I am bored with bootcamp and I don't plan on going back for the June session. I have spoken with a running coach at CK Sports and I am going to commit to marathon training. The first session is June 5th at 5:30 in the morning. Yes, I am going to drag my lazy booty out the bed each and every Saturday to go and do a long run. My goal is to run the White Rock Marathon in December in 4:30 or faster. That is a pretty ambitious, considering my fastest half was 2:24:31.

After fixing a nice health dinner (which could be its own blog entry) I decided to go for a walk/jog. Brian gets angry because I don't go all out the minute my feet hit the pavement, but it just doesn't work for me. I walked briskly to the end of the neighborhood and then began a very slow jog. I jogged all the way to the other side of the neighborhood, back out and then back to my house. Once I slowed up, I felt very nauseous and that feeling hasn't passed. It was good that I exercise, but right now I am sitting here wishing I had ice cream or a brownie. I don't think the food addiction is ever going to go away.

I have been cooking a whole lot from two different cookbooks and I debated on blogging ala "Julie and Julia" style about my cooking adventures. We will see.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Are they "healthy" recipes? I'm alway in need of inspiration for healthy dinners. We tend to get in a rut...

    ReplyDelete